28 October 2007

Faith like a child.

"Then God blessed them, and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'" Genesis 1:28

I had a dream last night where I saw the largest monarch butterfly in the brush. As I looked at it I told it come to me without using words. In a moment I was challenged with my faith. How can I command a butterfly to come to me? Faith like a child.

When we are young we know we will be provided for. When we are hungry we put out our hand and there is food. When we are sick, we put out our hand and there is medicine. When it is our birthday, we put out our hand and there are gifts and cake. We expect it. Our Daddy takes care of us. We dream of being a doctor, finding the cure for AIDs, or even being the first female president when we grow up. We dream we could fly. Some how these dreams get lost in the entanglement of growing up.

I put out my hand and the butterfly came. It landed and it was now a morpho butterfly. Over a foot long in wing span it crawed all over me and just played. I admired the Lords beauty and thanked the Lord with joy. Faith like a child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Butterflies!!!!!

One of my favorite parts of creation (right up there with otters!) A few nights ago I saw dozens of monarchs just about ready to burst out of their chrysali (chrysaliseseses?)
As you know, the last generation monarchs break all the rules and go on loooooong journies.

Keep dreaming with Papa and continue growing down into a little child!

G

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi,Dear One,

What strikes me about butterflies is that they have already gone through the trials of metamorphosis and have emerged victorious!!!

They hatch and are helpless, crawl on their bellies...striving, live in the wildnerness of their cocoon, and then struggle to cast off that cocoon which keeps them from their destiny...glorious beauty and flight.

Dear, you are that butterfly... gloriously beautiful, soaring with Jesus!!!!