17 October 2007

Home sweet home of my own in Harrisburg

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"
Hebrews 11:1

The day after I posted about the possibly of moving to Harrisburg, God gave me a lot of peace that this is what I was to do. I feel I'm on a sliding board with Jesus. Nothing seems real stressful, almost fun, just going with the wind, moving with His Spirit, there's a rest that is indescribable. Just hang on and have fun.

The day before I was going to mail my two month notice to my landlord God placed it on my heart to buy a house in Harrisburg. I was coming home from the Lifehouse concert on Sunday from Lancaster when this crazy feeling came over me. My response was, "God what is this?!" Is this me or you? I gave it to the Lord and really have continued to be totally neutral about it. Actually, it would be a lot easier to just rent than to buy. Thousands of dollars, year after year, have gone down the flusher as a result of renting. I never liked renting, but it just seemed the way it needed to be. I don't have money for a house yet having renters would help pay for the mortgage. Whenever God places some crazy shunanagan on my heart I search it out and be sure my desires don't get in the way. So what about India? Why buy and be committed to a mortgage when I'm supposed to be out to the nations? Yeah I hear ya, but not yet. Harrisburg is a crucial part in developing me into a prophetic revivalist to the nations. I mean I need to be able to do this in my own land before another. There's so much I still need to learn. Teach me Lord! Anyway, I feel I'm trying to justify right now that God is telling me to buy a house so I'll stop and just get it out...

GOD WANTS ME TO BUY A HOUSE IN HARRISBURG CITY!

Ha ha. Okay I feel better now. Tuesday morning I'm praying, coming before Jesus with a silent heart and ready to hear. I saw myself leaning again my white porch on the front deck of my row home in the city with the overwhelming feeling of, 'yeah this is my house, a house of glory.' I asked the Lord, 'is this mine?' Then I started weeping because I knew it was true. I said, 'God why are you so good to me?' And he said, 'because you obey me.' Obey, obey? Me? I don't see myself as a radically obedient person but there is a peace and ease with obedience when you are dwelling in the heart of God. There's a priceless trust and no matter what the obstacles look like you know it's going to work out, because you are in Him and He is in you. Jesus.

This home in Harrisburg city will be a house of Obed-Edom. A house where the walls breath Holy Spirit. The mere presence and glory of God will dwell in the house of those who adore Him and worship Him for His goodness.

I know timing and location are crucial. I don't want the pretty part of Harrisburg or the very dangerous but I want a location where it's well... how do I say this... I can help those in darkness. God, you are commissioning me to be that light in the darkness. Moving into darkness. Oh Jesus.

I started at Center For Champions in Harrisburg city this Tuesday. It's a ministry birthed out of Life Center and is really well established. It's an after school inner city ministry program that takes kids from broken homes, single family parents, all that and loves them, teaches and tutors them. I was nervous my first time but just loving the kids reassuring that this is where I am supposed to be. All but maybe two kiddos are african american or hispanic and i love it because i totally don't fit in. Who they are and what they experience are totally different than who i am and what I know. Love and despiration is what we have in common and the need for our Savior.

So I'll go down that sliding board with the wind in my hair and laugh. As Rolland Baker says, "God's in a better mood than what we think," as he laughs for the next hour straight. God is fun, God is playful, God loves His little children.

So there, now I've released some wildness of Jesus on the net. Please pray for wisdom in the mortgage smorgage stuff and buying a home, the location, and timing as well. Thank you so much for staying next to me in prayer and supporting me in this crucial move so revival will be released into the nations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Papa is SOOOOOOOOOOO pleased with your tender heart and your willingness to be led by the gentle breezes of Holy Spirit! Everything is coming into focus and all in the perfect timing of the Lord. There are so many "treasures" He has for you! Provision is not a problem as you walk on His kingdom pathway.

You really are my hero!

G