09 November 2007

The Vision of the Harrisburg Revival.

"...in the presence of Him whom he believed-God, who gives life to the dead and calls those thing which do not exist as through they did." Romans 4:17

It needs to be written. The Vision of the Harrisburg Revival.

God keeps telling me to dream, dream, dream. Do you see it? We must see it to believe it. Seeing is believing. It's hard to pray and believe something you don't see. So see it. Believe it. Receive it. It is yours. It is Ours. "The earth is the Lord's and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell in it." Psalm 24:1

God has somehow trusted me with His heart like I have never experienced before. The more I talk about the dream the more I believe it. I prophesy the dream and speak His Kingdom into existence in Harrisburg. Just as God spoke the earth into existence, I speak this revival, the house, the ministry, and changed lives into this city. We are co-labors with Christ. This is what we see together...

A house in the desperate parts of the city. This is a house of Obed-Edom, a house of glory where those in a certain radius are touched by Jesus, just like when Obed-Edom kept the arc of the covenant in his house. I see a house church in this home. One with many colors and ages being discipled, bringing in the harvest. I see dinners being made for many, cookouts, His kingdom being easy, effortless. I see a new international ministry being birthed out of this house. A name I have been given yet it is not the time for it to be released. A house of fellowship, a house of redemption, salvation, and love.

Today as I was meditating on the vision I tried to dream more but I could not. This is as far as I can dream yet still believe. I said, God, now what? He said, now you have to get your butt into the city.

It's funny because reality is so different from God. That's why heaven wants to invade earth. We are the beautiful vessels that make that connection because the Holy Spirit indwells, in us Praise the Lord. I can tell you that the reality is I have little money in the bank, not even enough to cover closing costs, thousands of dollars still in college debt, have barely ever run even a bible study, and I am still in the Hummelstown apartment waiting for the release. All I can do it laugh because God is so funny and you know He's going to do it.

I look back at the many things that needed to be done before leaving for Mozambique... find a job, possibly move, roommate, raise thousands, pack up a classroom and leave the next day after the kiddos were out of school. God is SO BIG!

Our biggest dream is so little to Jesus. Whatever we can come up with, He has something ten times bigger in store.

God says... Take your place!

So many times we wait on God but He is waiting on us! Didn't Jesus say this in the great and glorious commission...

"And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” " Mark 16:15-18

The first word I'm stuck on is "Go." Hehehe Go. Yes, there is a time and season for everything and we need to pray if the doors are open or closed. But think about Paul, he went and when the door was closed he didn't stop moving, he just turned somewhere else until we saw the door remained open. God we have to move our feet, whether it's in the work place, the grocery store, the streets, or the nations, we have go GO!


Revival is already happening in Harrisburg, I can feel it already. I am house hunting and I know God wants me to be in a strategic location for ministry. I covet your prayers for wisdom, finances, faith, and greater revelation of God's heart. Thank you so much and I will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

blazingbecky said...

Emilie,
Go Girl, I am blessed the Lord is leading you to take the gospel to the street of Harrisburg!! Love them into the Kindgom!!

Becky

Love much... said...

Emilie,
"In the midst of the presence there's the Stone. That the world rejected. The Chief Cornerstone."
--Jason Upton
Jesus is the stone. He is the Stone that has been given to you.
"And it kills the giants. There's the Stone that killed the giant!"
--Jason Upton
He will kill the giants in the way from doing what God has called you to do!
"Pick up the way of the Lord."
--Jason Upton
Just keep walking in His ways dear and it shall be done!
Blessings!
Mel