26 November 2007

A spoon full of humbleness.

" And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

God has been humbling my heart greatly and putting my heart back in place with Him once again. It frustrates me when I think I can do things without Him; it's pride. Some of the most popular scripture in the Bible has been resurrected to its true beauty in my heart. I'm so useless and hopeless without Jesus Christ. I can preach the gospel, save multitudes, heal the sick, cast out devils and prophesy, but if I have not love I am nothing. Nothing. That humbles my heart greatly. I can remember being in Mozambique always looking for the miracles when Jesus said "Love will heal this boy." Love is what moves the heart of God. Read these scriptures and I pray you have a greater revelation of Love.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails..." 1 Cor 13:1-8

That's enough to wreck me for a while. A friend sent me a YouTube video with Graham Cook speaking and I have watched it countless times. I need to because I cannot seem to grasp the fullness of the Father's love for me. God loves us 100% now. Even if we do not become better he will still love us 100%. His love never changes. There's nothing we can do to make God love us more, and nothing we can do to make Him love us less. We can't earn God's love. God says, you can only love Me as much as you love yourself. Oh God I need to be set free from how I see myself. If only, if only I would accept every day that I am His beloved, His bride, His perfect one. Oh brothers and sister we must rejoice!

Love. Love. Love. Love is who God is. I want to be love. Love like the Father loves. We can have faith to move mountains, hope to change the world, but the greatest is to love. I want to love outrageously like Daddy does. I think I'm getting a little better each year. I find that when I know His love the most and feel loved I love all in return. God is love. It's great to have love humble my heart.

Here is the YouTube video from Graham Cook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!I don't know how to set you up as my friend. Check out my blog. Do you remember Bellann Klinger?

Beautiful Grace said...

Oh, Jesus, Your awesome ways NEVER cease to amaze me!!!

Dearest, Resting One, for the last few months the Lord has been impressing this concept on me. Absolutely nothing we do means anything unless the root of it is love!!! No matter how grand the prophecy, no matter how "lovely" the deed, if the thing doesn't have its base in the holy love of Jesus, it is worthless and counted as stubble to be burned up in His purifying Fire.

Thank you, Dear, for speaking your heart (His heart) on this subject.

May His blessings and love overtake you THIS DAY!!! In the magnificent name of Jesus!!! AMEN!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't even have words thank you for sharing this beautiful post! It is our Father's deepest longing and desire to express His extravagant and wholly unconditional love for us in a way that impacts the very core of our being. Any "love" that requires performance is not true love. As we understand that He loves us so deeply even at our very worst and ugliest moments, we are forever "wrecked" and can finally enter the rest that He offers. THEN the good stuff really starts!

abraços,

Gary