02 September 2007

Heart for Harrisburg

Lord, forgive us as a church for not seeing the poor. How we have been wrapped into the love of prosperity and not the true heart of God. We cry out for revival and forget where revival begins, the poor, the orphaned, the desolate, the no bodies. Forgive us Lord for forgetting the poor. We can give money and seasonal goods but you want us to know them; their stories, their sadness, their laugh, and their hearts. When will we we contend for your loved ones that make your heart bleed with sadness?! As much as we cry Isaiah 58 we don't understand it. We fast and pray our guts out and miss your heart.

"Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, that you cover him... THEN your light shall break forth... IF you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the affliced soul, THEN your light shall dawn in the darkness..."

Let's not over spiritualize this like we tend to do with healing and other miracles and workings and calls of obedience of God.

I am a pioneer of the gospel, the true gospel, to love the poor and not only our neighbor who sits right next to us. Our neighbor is not only the person next to us, our best friend, our co-worker, but those who are broken, dirty, orphaned. Do you see Me in them? Do you see? Love doesn't have boundaries. Let us go! Forgive us for keeping church in the four walls and not extending our hands. How selfish we have been not to see You. Change us Father. God use me to stir the church of your heart for yourfavorites. You make the drunk, users and abusers in Your image yet we have not seen as we wouldn't allow ourselves to become vulnerable, bruised and broken like they are. We missed it.

Lord we missed it. Yet we have carried the spirit of poverty because we have not made ourselves to come to you to become poor in spirit. Truely the rich are poor and the poor are rich in spirit. Change us Lord. Let us extend our hands and hearts to your beloved. I lose my life to gain everything. Love looks like something.

I have been praying for an open door into Harrisburg, a city that I do not even know. I ate lunch at the Atlantic Bread Company on Friday and my heart deepend for this 50ish year old back man working on his computer. God wanted me to pour His heart over him. After pushing fear away I went. He was like, "I receive that I recieve that," in his big loud joyful voice. Turns out he is a pastor in Harrisburg. He pointed me to a man who is involved in intercity tent ministry from Mon-Fri every week. Wow God! The results of our obedience. I could have totally missed that opportunity because fear could have overtaken me.

Love is so much greater than fear.

I have a meeting with this pastor this thursday in Harrisburg. I'm excited... just the first step in revival. My heart is so hungry to minister and go, go, go. Sometimes God wants us to wait but sometimes into order to continue to grow He says GO! My feet cannot stop moving, my voice can't stop proclaiming, and my heart can't stop loving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The heart of God expressed so beautifully! We ARE the body of Christ - if His love is not released through our laid-down lives, it is not released at all.

Father, possess us with the love You feel for your precious treasures - next door and on the other side of the world!

Here am I, send me!

Gary