21 May 2007

Fundraising

God is so fun! There are just less than 3 weeks until I leave for Mozambique and I need just $2000 of the $6000 needed to go. It's the home stretch. I am so blessed so have such wonderful friends cheering me on! Thank you Jesus!

On Monday the 28th, Memorial Day, Landisville (near Lancaster) is having their annual community yard sale. This is supposedly a huge event and people come so early in the morn that they bring flash lights! (Crazy Lancaster people!) I would encourage you to do some early spring cleaning and give all those clothes you haven't worn in a while and that nice dresser, flat screen TV, George Foreman, and those nice sparkly diamond earrings to the yard sale! Whatever is sold will be put toward the remainder of the trip costs. I will gladly come and pick up your precious treasures and of course you are welcome to always come to the yard sale on the 200 block Main Street!


The last homestretch fundraiser is to clean a refurbished house in the Lancaster area. This will be a days worth of work and will even take less time the more people I we round up. It will be Saturday, June 2nd and we'll start at about 9am. All you have to do is show up. We'll be getting our praise on with the music blaring and I'll supply lunch, snacks and drinks. I would really appreciate all the help I could get. Even if you can only give a few hours cleaning windows or dusting I would soo very much appreciate it.

Please let me know if you would like to participate in the giving of junk.. errr... treasures and/or cleaning. Much much love in all your help!

Lastly, if the Lord has placed it on your heart to support me in anyway with this life changing, world changing trip to the Holy Given School, then by all means there is no better time to give than now. Funds are coming down to the wire so check under the seats of your car, pockets, and sofas for spare change. I know the Lord will return whatever you sowed by having it reaped back to you multiplied! God's good like that, He loves your heart either way. Thank you :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your fund raising :)

Antoine said...

Thanks for the update Em, will be praying for ya.