04 May 2007

There's RISK in FAITH

The Lord has put me in a spot where I have no choice but to follow Him. One part of me thinks, how did I get myself into into this good mess. Then I remember that I gave my life to the glorious call and purposes of Jesus. There has been so many marvelous things happening that make me say "yeaaa" and "ouch" at the same time.

I leave in just a month for the Holy Given School in Mozambique. It's been difficult at times to find rest amidst the chaos. How did Jesus ever sleep on that boat when there was a big storm and His disciples thought they were going to die?! It's faith.

There is a RISK we need to take in FAITH.

Jesus knew He wasn't going to die, but he took that risk/faith and went into a sleep while the world around Him was spinning.. He was found resting with the Lord. It's such a divine, supernatural rest and I long to be there.

I have about a miracle $3,000 left to raise and a job to get for the upcoming school year in just a month. I'm currently a year long term sub at Hershey MS, I get back August 15th, just ready to dive into teaching again. God literally has to come through or nothing can happen. I have no choice but to rely on Him. I do not have the money so if it does not come in I cannot go. I cannot make someone hire me. If I don't get hired before I go, I won't have a full time job when I come back. I I I.. yuck.. I'm glad I have to stay out of this. I've given the Lord complete reign and rule over all of this. All I can do is pray it through and obey obey obey when He says to move. There's a comfort in that, yet the risk and the position I'm putting myself in makes me feel very vulnerable. I know victory is around the corner.

This is such a battle, warfare, to take back the Land that has been stolen, India. After many years of wandering in the desert the Israelites finally reach the Promise Land. People are sent to scope out the land and to bring a report. The report was more than they expected... a beautiful land with plentiful food, and a land flowing with milk and honey. But there were giants. Of course there were, they want the land. But we are conquerors in Christ. The victory is already won! Go and seize what is rightfully yours! It's a land of glorious unending possibilities and a land of reward.

6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Isaiah 1


This is the land I am running after.


There's sometimes when the Lord literally has to carry me because I get so tired. It's not that I've lost faith but I get tired of running. Run for that prize (1 Cor 9:24) and the ultimate prize is knowing and experiencing the Love of Jesus far deeper than ever imagined. It's the longing of the Father's heart. To know Him. I'm searching for that rest among the storms as the winds have really started to blow. I want to rest with Jesus, supernatural rest. I'm learning a lot.

"My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:8

"Open the gates,
That the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in.
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Trust in the LORD forever,
For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength." Isaiah 26:2-4

I don't always know what rest looks like. Before I thought it was sleep, then also being still, now also resting while I'm moving. I need to be a risk taker. Taking risks in faith and guided by the Holy Spirit allows God to move. I'm ready to move!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is so blessed to have you here, Emilie Tyson! You are on the right track - don't worry. Just stay head-over-heels in love with Jesus and all else will be taken care of!

love ya!

Gary

Anonymous said...

Wow !!!!!!