08 June 2007

Soaring to Mozambique

It’s crazy that in just a few short hours I will be flying to another nation. There’s nothing better than experiencing what your very heart beats to. God has been overwhelming me with His amazing goodness. These past two weeks have been the weeks of answered prayer. The $5500 that needed to be raised came in. After this, last Sunday an overwhelming $990 came into my hands at church then more came in during the week! I’m so blessed to sow hundreds of dollars back into the nations. Close friends have poured out their lives to me believing in the calling the Lord has placed on my life. I am so thankful for each breath of prayer that has been sown and birthed.

Not only did more than enough money come in but I got a job!!! The doors for all the school districts I interviewed at were closed as the position was filled by another candidate. For five days I was drawn so close into the presence of God as trust and peace were established into my heart. He is my everlasting strength. I was in perfect peace knowing that going to Mozambique without a job lined up for when I came back was going to be okay. Even during this, I was ready to accept whatever the Lord had for me yet still praying for a job. Then the principal of Lower Dauphin MS contacted me and it turns out the Lord made room for me to teach 7th grade Life Science! This is so fabulous that I get to stay with 7th graders, I don’t have to move, and the school is only five minutes down the road, oh and I get paid more. Truly a miracle, truly God is always on time. The Lord also blessed me with a wonderful roommate, Cassandra, who will be moving in during the month of August. This will be a powerful prayer team for the revival in India.

I sit back in awe wondering why God has been so faithful to me. What have I done to deserve all this goodness? As weird as it sounds, it hard to take it all in and receive it. A part of me thinks that’s it? All I had to do was pray and believe? I almost feel I needed to work harder for all this grace to flow. Then I just find myself being religious needing to break off that striving spirit. It’s apart of our natural human mind to work and work to receive the love of Christ. All we have to have is faith and believing that what we hope for we will see.

Isaiah 40 has been resonating in my spirit as I have been seeing lots of eagles soaring in the sky. They are such beautiful birds. All the other birds have to work and flap their wings, only being able to stay in the air for so long until they are tired. An eagle can soar for hours! It just stretches its wings and moves along with the wind. That’s what I want to do, rest and fly like an eagle.

28 Do you not know?

Have you not heard?

The LORD is the everlasting God,

the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,

and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary

and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD

will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint.

It’s so beautiful.

My prayer is this for Mozambique

“Meanwhile we expectantly wait for a satisfying relationship with the Spirit. For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religion nor disregard of religion amounts to anything. What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love.
Gal 5:5-6 The Message

I want to experience the love of Christ and give it away. I want to be with Him every second of the day, growing more and more in love with my Savior. There is no better place to be than in His presence. I’m ready to heal the broken, set the captives and prisoners free and to give, give, give, as Jesus has so poured out His life for me.

I love you everyone!

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi, "Taking the Nations,"

Our mutual friend, L.D., sent me the link to your site. Fantastic news about your job, your trip...what an awesome God we serve!!!

Also, I thought it quite interesting that I just referred to the Isaiah 40 verses just a few hours ago. :) Sounds like God, and sounds like I need to start reading your blog regularly.

Blessings, fellow sister-in-Christ and fellow lover of God's wonderful scientific world. :)