16 June 2007

Arriving in Pemba

Praza lhe concer de Pemba Mozambique! Eu falla pokenu Portuguese agora! (Nice to meet you from Pemba! I speak a little Portuguese now!) I arrived safely Sunday evening after two long days of travel. In Johannesburg I met a big team of people from Global Awakening, Randy Clark’s Ministry, going to Pemba too so I was a lot more confident and at peace with the travels.

The weather here is perfect averaging about 85/90 degrees with a constant breeze. We are a one minute walk away from the beautiful blue water and white sand beech. The entire base has sand but you get so dirty as the wind blows all dust and dirt into the windows. I live with five other girls in a very small house where we sometimes have running water. Because I have already spent time in Africa there was no culture shock with bucket showers and getting use to the feeling of being clean a sanitized. That familiar smell of African sweat and greetings made me smile as I felt at home again in Africa.

On the base there is the Holy Given School (HGS), about 100 pastors in training, and the Iris (previously orphan) kids. It’s such a blessing to meet people from around the world. I love to listen to people talk with their thick accents of many nations. Food consist of a roll and tea for breakfast, and some crazy rice dishes for lunch and inner. Needless to say, we go into town to get our fruits and vegetables. I am in very good health and have not even encountered the normal digestive problems with the diet. God has extended so much grace to me even with feeling jet lagged.

The HGS is absolutely amazing! We have class rom 8:30-12:30ish then 2-4:30ish. It is a very long day as sometimes there is the required move to to in the evening. The classes have been wrecking me! I think, why haven’t I heard these simple, yet so profound teachings before? Then I realize that it’s the presence of God that is so strong which makes everything alive. A person could read the Bible every day or say they are a Christian and not like to read, and the Bible would just be words on a page, which is really boring! Then, bam! The Spirit of God is with you and EVERYTHING comes to life! That’s what we need to be living in. Everyday the LORD is finding cubby holes in my heart where the orphan spirit is, loneliness, pride or fear and is brining it to the surface to freed from. Truly, where the spirit of the LORD is there is freedom!

The school has been so blessed by Joann McFadder’s intimate worship songs the past week and the many daily soaking sessions. During the day we worship through song about 2-3 hours and just rest in His presence.

Leslie-Ann truly has the school running as a life on the alter. I want to share with you what I have been learning and how God has been moving in my heart. The Lord says, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…” Gen 1:26l. Humans alone are created in the image of God. This changes the way I see others. ALL religions, durnks, drug addicts, and rapist are created in the image of God, but they don’t know it yet. “Let US in OUR image.” The image of God is fulfilled in social relationships, we are not our own. It’s not about I but WE. This has really been changing my heart about my view on everyone. The prayers have gone from “I need” to “change me.”

The greatest revelation is knowing the heart of the Father. I know God loves me but now I really know. I’ve been weeping over this and there’s a depth in the Father’s heart that I have never known before. He loves me, He loves me. I am the apple of His eyes. He love you, He loves you. He adores you, He longs to be with you. He waits for you to quietly come to him and sit on His lap. He wants to enjoy you and you enjoy Him. How lovely is He. Nothing compares to the love of the Father.

Desperations triggers the heart of God like nothing else.

I can’t live without Him. Every breath that fills my lungs, I want to breathe His presence into me. He’s such a good God.

It’s amazing isn’t it? When you see the invisible you can do the impossible. When you truly know Him, everything changes. Sighhhh love love love love love.

Please excuse the lack of grammer and spell check during my time in Mozambique. I’ve really rushed through writing this email as time is money and the internet is very slow. I have tried my best to reply to emails. Thank you for your prayers. Next time I will hopefully successfully upload some of MY pictures so you can see my house, the kids and the living in Pemba.

Please pray the Lord would help build lasting relationships between the students and the Mozambiquecans, and for a further revelation of the heart of the Father. Thank you for all those who have helped with the multiple fundraisers, even as I was in Africa. I can’t do it with you. love you all!

4 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Blessings, blessings, blessings on all that you contact. Strength and Power and Love are yours in the name of Jesus Christ, the Risen One, King of Kings and Lord or Lords. Eternal impact for the great name of and glory of Jesus!!! Amen!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the beauty of what Papa is doing in your heart and life in Pemba! I feel like I'm back in the Holy Given School with Leslie Anne all over again.... It really is ALL about love. As we receive the revelation of how loved we are DEEP in our hearts from our Father, we can allow His love to flow through us with world-shaking power that will change individuals, families, communities, nations, and the world. Love, Love, Love.....

G

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

K. L. said...

I love you soo much Em and it's awesome to see the fire burning in you as you let Him touch the inner most parts of your being.

Love, hugs, and prayers,
Kyera Atieno :)