01 February 2008

Raising the dead.

"By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible."
Hebrews 11:3

God makes me laugh sometimes. He showed me that He is greater than my lack of faith or fear. We need to just simply do what He says. We need to do what we know in order to know what to do.

The science teacher next to my room put her gerbil in one of those balls to run around in the classroom while the kids weren't there. One of the teachers came in and kicked the ball really hard thinking it was a beach ball. As it was kicked, the lid came off and little Nebby flew out and smacked against the wall and laid motionless. When the gerbil came to it really wasn't moving but its heart was racing so fast. Over the next minute a few more teachers gathered around and Nebby started moving his arms a little but his heart rate dropped significantly to the point where it was dangerous. Blood started coming out of his nose and we knew he was a gonner because there was internal bleeding. Then his heart stopped and stopped moving then pooped (which is a sign an animal is dead.)

As he was laid out on the table and one of the teachers said, "Emilie do something!" What was I supposed to do?! Without thinking I just laid my hand on the little guy and said, "In the name of Jesus I command the spirit back into this animal!" Within five seconds, boom he was alive! The teachers screamed because we knew he was dead before! It wasn't the normal being raised from the dead where the fingers start moving, then toes, then it starts breathing, but it was immediate and it ran all around! Ha ha! I was asked to tell the story over and over again giving Jesus all the glory in this public school.

I don't know what I was thinking when I asked God to raise a gerbil from the dead. I don't think I was thinking. Sometimes I think we think too much where we actually think who God truly is away. I didn't really expect it like, yes I know he will be alive again, but just did what was in me to do. I mean why not? What's the worst that could happen, he dies? Or God could just show up and do what is normal in the kingdom. I honestly do not count myself as a woman of great faith but I do know the Father loves me. It's really all about Jesus. Without love we are nothing. We can raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, give everything away to the poor, and give our bodies but without love we are nothing.

I thinking there's something significant in acting in the moment God speaks. A moment of hesitation causes doubt to flood in and we could miss walking through that window of opportunity and miss the miracle. We are supposed to have an expectation in things that are not seen to be seen. Gods words spoke this earth into existence. The invisible becoming visible. I believe that is what happened with Nebby. God's words spoke the gerbil's invisible spirit back into him. The evidence of this was something seen, he became alive. We have resurrection power flowing on the inside. It must get out by our voice. Speak, speak, speak words of life over all dead situations and bring forth life beloved of God! In doing so, you bring heaven to earth.

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Oh, Emilie, awesome!!! What a witness!!!

"I honestly do not count myself as a woman of great faith but I do know the Father loves me. It's really all about Jesus. Without love we are nothing. We can raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, give everything away to the poor, and give our bodies but without love we are nothing."

That quote is where my heart wants to be all the time no matter where I am and who I am with. Thanks for your loving witness. You go girl for Jesus!!!