16 February 2008

House stones and giants.

"There we saw the giants; and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” Numbers 13:33

It's hard to believe that in less than a month I will be in my Obed-Edom. Over the past few weeks God has just birthed so much dream into this house. I'm learning that we have to fight for things that we really want. Getting this house has been like taking on a part time job. I'm facing the giants in the land that want to stop me at the gates from possessing what is rightly the Kingdoms. I've fought with everything I know and have learned in my seven years with the Lord. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is this dream. Knowing the dream is bigger than I, I know it's okay to feel so small among the demands of this great world.

Once issues are resolved, I continue to have the same giant come and throw the same stone in my path. This giant is money. Despite me tripping, falling, and having a few scrapes on the way, I must go on. When you see the face of Jesus nothing will stop you. This wasteland I'm going through to get to my Promise Land has not been very pretty. But what remains beautiful among these stumbling stones in the wilderness is my Jesus. His heart, to love a doubter who is a shaken and scared little girl like me. That's what a Father does.

I see my Promise Land and have already met people in my land who has the same heart. It's all going to be okay, it's going to be worth it all. All I continue to fall on is what is true. God keeps telling me that He will never leave me and that He is with me always. Knowing this shatters the many lies that have been lodged at me from the enemy. I know the enemy is mad. Good. He's stupid and defeated anyway. So in the words of Andrew Sherman, "Shove it!" I think laughter silences the enemy too :)

Possessing this land as I enter the gates of my city is such a pivotal moment for me right now. Please pray that I remain strong and strengthened in the Lord. This year I have already done many things which I have never done before. I might physically be the size of a grasshopper in comparison to this dream but the giants don't need to know that. What if I was the most giantest giant? What now huh?! I guess the most beautiful biggest person is Jesus, and He lives in me. That qualifies me to do anything, even to over come the giants.

1 comment:

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi, Dear One,

A few years ago, I had a dream in which me family and I were standing on a ledge on the side of a mountain. Below lay a beautiful valley and another ledge on which a team of children playing baseball.

Suddenly, a huge giant almost the size of the mountain came with the single intend of pushing my family off the mountain. I remember feeling cautious and moving away from the ledge.

Without looking up this dream up in my journal, I remember that we went inside the church and other obtacles arose, but the end of the dream and the grand finale was the sanctuary inside the church.

A veil of golden material was spread over all the pews and there was an excitement in my soul.

My point is that "the giant" will always be there trying to push us off God's mountain. Many obstacles will attempt to dissuade us, but in the end God's glory in full will be made manifest on His Church.

May His glorious blanket of gold be spread out upon you as you continue to walk with Him.

Love in Jesus,
Beautiful Grace