08 February 2008

Creating invisible walls and walking through them.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

I'm reading The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson and it's an incredible story of a nobody named Ordinary in pursuit of a dream that is bigger than the world he lives in. When he came to the border to leave Comfort Zone it says fear kept growing and Ordinary took a step forward "right through the invisible wall of fear."

God gave me such a revelation in my life how we can create these invisible walls in our lives. Fear, rejection, depression, all those emotions and walls we create and struggle through are invisible. It's invisible. Circumstances and our human nature lead us to create these walls in our minds and hearts.

Seeing is believing. When we see things, we believe them. When we see things in our dreams, in the supernatural, it happens in the natural. It's called faith. The Lord is showing me that just as we have the potential to create good in the natural by our thoughts and beliefs, we also have the potential to create things that can hinder us. These walls can become so real to us in our minds that it becomes a reality here on earth. We create invisible walls in the natural. Ever fear the worst and then it happens? Just as belief creates things unseen, so can fear. We can role play in our minds the worst thing that could happen and think what if we did this or that. We create that invisible wall preventing us from going forward. The best things about it is that the wall is invisible and despite the wild stories we can create in our minds the Word of God is still stronger. We just have to believe.

Fear of anything immobilizes us. We must continue to abide in the living God for perfect love casts out all fear. Wilkinson says, "Courage is not the absence of fear; rather it's choosing to act in spite of fear. You could say that without fear, you can't have genuine courage." We must do the very thing we fear. I feared buying a house, so I bought a house. Maybe you fear starting your own business, so overcome that fear and start your own business. After all, if the wall is invisible, how is it going to stop you?

Sometimes I believe our minds can be our worst enemy. Yes, there is a war going on between the light and darkness, but sometimes I think the biggest war is within us, between us and God. God, I want to give you 'that', but I still want to hold on 'this' just for a little while longer. Our minds are so powerful yet they must be influenced by the heart of God before the dream becomes a reality. We must believe the Word of God over any and all circumstances in our lives. We must believe Truth over lies. I must let Truth prevail always. It's the only thing that keeps me alive.

It's time to walk children of God. To walk through walls we have created in our minds. There are gates in these walls and on the other side awaits destiny. You will prevail for the Truth is in you. Take a step forward through your invisible wall. Find me waiting with more of what you were looking for on the other side.

2 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Dear Emilie,

Thanks for writing this!! You beautifully express, the major force (I believe) halting the destinies of many of the children of God!!! I know for myself, it's a biggy!!!

I struggle big-time with what others think about me, aka, fear of man. The Lord told me a few years ago, "Do you fear men more than you love them." Wow, talk about His Word cutting right through the joints and marrow in order to get to the heart of it!!

Another concept was that if I fear man more than God than I, in effect, am making man an idol. I don't want ANYTHING put before my Jesus!!!

How, then can we be saved from this stronghold? Do what God says to do, no matter how much fear stirs our flesh, knowing that if we continue to run to Him and keep on requiring Him to fill us with His Spirit, we will overcome any obstacle!!!!

May His peace flood you like a river. May His power overwealm you, changing you and your beloved city. In Jesus' name!!! AMEN!!!!

Livin' Life said...

YOur post was beautiful and powerful. I can testify to your words. For years a battled severe depression, fear, anxiety. The Lord has totally transformed my life and set me free. Like you wrote I can now experience the Lord so powerfully because of all the walls He broke down. I enjoy your blog, keep preaching sister!!!:)