11 February 2008

My Obed-Edom is here.

I found a house. It's such a lovely little house on Vernon St. It's a place where the glory of the Lord will rest as well as those in Harrisburg city.

I was encouraged by a dear friend of mine (Shannon) just to give everything to the Lord a few weeks ago, including my list of what was going to be in the house. Two nights later I had a dream about a house that I felt in love with. I was very nervous because well it's a BIG thing and probably one of the most important decisions I've made in my life. In my dream I looked outside and there was a playground across the street. There were a lot of african american kids playing and single mothers. I was taken back and knew that the Lord wanted me to disciple these women, which I have never even though of. When I woke up I remembered that I previously looked at a house about 2 months ago with a playground across the street but just wasn't quite feeling it. I shared the dream with this dear friend of mine and she encouraged me to go back and see this house. So I did.

I prayed a lot and asked for a lot of wisdom and tried not to be too anxious or even over spiritualize the dream.. I just wanted to know if it was the house or not. Well I went into the house and the owner was previously working on the house and left the Christian music blaring. My eyes watered up and I just knew and grew excited. I keep thinking about this house. I also think about the 13th street house that I felt I lost about 2 months ago. I now realize that with the 13th street house there were so many condemned houses in the area that there were hardly any people walking by because the block was kinda dead except the normal busy 13th street traffic.

I have settlement March 14th. I see my Promise Land. I'm so blessed to be a vessel of the Lord to be poured out for all people. I just want to be used. This is such a quick birthing of a vision because it was only October when he put it on my heart to buy a house. Now, six months later I will be a homeowner. I really believe this quickness in the spirit is just evidence that revival over the earth will soon break forth.

We must continue to remain in Him. I in Him and Him in me. What if we did everything God tells us to do? Can you just imagine what would happen? How many lives would be affected? We have to remain FAT- faithful, available, teachable. I wrestle with each of those words almost daily. But it brings me closer to God. I can begin to see His face and He gives me part of His heart to carry and to be a voice to this generation. I want to be that voice where there is none and be love where there is no love. That's the gospel and that's what I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO thankful you are receiving the promises! Our Papa is completely faithful and true and always has our very best in mind even when we can't see it. Surrender is the proper posture so He can do His thing without our interference!

Bless you Emilie!!!