27 December 2007

I'm naive and love it.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

Over the past few months I have been called very naive by quite a few people when sharing the vision of Harrisburg. It sounds all good, helping the poor, blessing people, BBQ's, until I tell them the specific area in Allison Hill where I want a house. I've been called f'n crazy and everything else the enemy can do to try to pierce my heart and shaken me. Sometimes I step back and think, wow, what the heck am I doing?! Then I think on the goodness of the Lord and rejoice again for what is to come.


It is frustrating at times to get knocked over here and there but just as long as I pick myself up and recognize the tactics of the enemy and overcome. I'm learning that we must fight and persevere for our dreams. As Lou Engle says, "Your dreams will drive you into the wilderness." It's not supposed to be a cake walk but there are sweets on the way. Our dreams will cost us everything. What else where you going to spend your life on?

I was listening to a Life Center message by Heidi Baker where pastors in the US where saying that she was the most naive woman they ever met. Yet, that she should never change. That's encouraging knowing the massive revival Mama is leading through the world by simply stopping for the one.


I may be incredibly naive being a white mid 20's girl going into the line of fire where drug dealers inhabit some of the hundreds of condemned buildings, where single mothers cry out and can barely keep it together, where the poor struggle to keep warm and their bellies with some food, and where the addiction runs rampant with drugs, sex and alcohol. What a beautiful place to be a light in this dark little world of Harrisburg. The power of darkness has been destroyed by His death, so what is there to fear?


I will finish well.
Stuff happens but God is always alive and well. As Mama Heidi says, we need to look at the face of trouble and laugh while pushing and believing for victory. We are in a revival that will never end. I might have a few bruises but I will keep running.
Yes I'm naive but God made me naive. I trust in Him. If I was not naive I would be fearful and fear chokes me and makes me immobile. I pray for wisdom every day.

I feel like I am laboring now with this promise of the city. My heart is now despirate to go and move into the city as I fall in love with everyone on the streets, rich and poor, lovely and unlovely. Despiration moves the heart of God. It's all for Him, it's all for Him. It's coming, I can feel it. The anticipation and expectation is building.

I will joyfully continue to be naive and dream my young girl dreams. That's how stuff happens in the Kingdom.

5 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Oh, the heart of a child, the faith of a child!!!! A child IS naive. A child IS trusting. A child...isn't that the heart we a suppose to have?

Keep on dreaming, Dear, Resting One!!! One by One, One by One, One by One!!!

Do not listen to the voices of discouragement!!! I declare in the name of the Risen Lord Jesus, you will hear ONLY the "Sounds of Heaven." All other sounds will be static to your spirit and soul!! In Jesus name!!! AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

"I will joyfully continue to be naive and dream my young girl dreams. That's how stuff happens in the Kingdom."
for a modern-day Esther,
...she had ALL the odds stacked against her-she was poor, her orphan status left her NO inheritance, NO dowry, NO way of escape. the ONLY "way" for a woman was to marry. BUT tell me who would take a chance on a woman with NO dowry, NO potential, NO future? who?! but oh, how God honored her obedience!her obedience (her crazy ideas: ) spared a people!
so i say to myself it's NOT far-fetched to think she wouldn't have thought the same (see above.) and i say to you "for such a time as this" (Est 4:14) you too will rise up and take the Kingdom by force! "..let God be true and every man a liar." Rom 3:4 bless you.

Anonymous said...

Although the message from me to you may at times not be clear, realize that I am in support of all that you stand for...it is simply a matter of my steps being well behind yours...the journey is the same...always stand strong...stand firm...He loves you and so do I. God bless you Boo!

Antoine said...

Keep walking in Him sis. There's nothing naieve about letting His desires guide you :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare stop dreamin' "crazy" dreams, Emilie! God is bringing a joining of youthful passion and true Godly wisdom. Not the "wisdom" that crushes dreams and settles in to mediocrity, but the wisdom that brings kingdom strategies and resources to implement and accomplish what others have always said cannot be done. And remember, in His love there are no "mistakes", only opportunities to grow.

From the "Franciscan Benediction"

"...And may God bless you with enough foolishness to believe you can make a difference in the world so that you can do what others claim cannot be done."

Gary