10 July 2007

What a beautiful week!

The Banov's came with their party this week and brought total bliss to Iris. It was like a knife was taken to the sky and God's treasures poured out. Wowwww! We need it too! The warfare is very intense as you can hear the Muslim call for prayer and the witch doctors and their charms run rampant. It's crazy, one day you can feel totally full of Jesus and the next morning you wake up wanting to bite someone's head off and push the children away. Grace Grace Grace.

Yeah so remember when I wrote about wanting to become poor in spirit? One of the ways mentioned was to be in the dirt with the kids, have a baby pee on you without caring and just simply embracing the culture. We went to the chicken shack for dinner one night and a baby was on my lap. After about twenty minutes she peed allll over me! "Praise God from all whom blessings flow," right?! Haha. It was crazy because I was so filled with God after that. I'll welcome baby pee anytime for that joy!

What an awesome 07.07.07 we had here in Pemba. The marriage was so beautiful on the beach as it symbolized the marriage of the bride and the Bridegroom, Jesus with His beloveds. I was designated cake decorator and cafeteria decorator and it turned out very well with all the help I received. It turns out we bought all the chickens in Pemba so they had to go to another town to get more. We fed about a thousand until the food ran out. This is what I want. In Luke 14 the Lord says to invite all the poor to the feast! Wow… my wedding in India, inviting thousands. You up for that mom and dad?! Hehe. The poor, I love the poor!

The sun is going down and I've gotta get home before the bandito's come out.. ahhh! Til next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grace, Weddings, and Baby Pee! What a week! Grace, Grace, Grace is the whole summary of the Christian life. How can this amazing God just keep loving us right through our frailties and failures - Wow! Thanks, Emilie for displaying the love of God so clearly in the baby pee episode. I've done a whole lot worse to God and He just absorbs my messes and keeps holding me. And the wedding must have been marvelous - all except the running out of food part! Precious Jesus, please remove our unbelief!

love ya,
G