30 July 2007

Of Deliverance, Oranges, and Healed Bellies :)

It's been two weeks since an update date. I have been having too much fun to get to the internet and write. I was blessed with the opportunity to go on two weekend outreaches. When we go on outreaches we pack our tents and sleeping bags, drive hours on the back of a flat bed truck into a remote village in the bush and share the awesome love of Jesus. During the night we show the Jesus film and many come into the kingdom and renounce witchcraft.

Two weekends ago we drove eight hours into the Maconde village of an unreached people group. You could literally feel that the atmosphere was so thick with witchcraft. There was such a spirit of mockery and drunkenness which made it very difficult to minister. Through the craziness there were people who saw the heart of Jesus that night and loved Him for the first time. Yea Jesus!

During the outreach I brought snacks and was very aware the pastors did not have lunch, as it was a very long trip. I ate an orange and felt satisfied and was going to save my other three oranges for the rest of the weekend. The Lord said to give the oranges to the pastors. After arguing with God and making excuses, I gave the oranges away. The pastors were happy and I became so joyful I began to give all my food away. When arriving to the Maconde village it was literally the land of the oranges. We ate so many oranges for free and they were so much sweeter and bigger than the oranges I gave the pastors. The Lord is so good. He makes me laugh. Just take it all Jesus. Poor in Spirit.

This past weekend a spot opened up on another outreach team and I was invited to go. It was only a three hour trip and with a different tribe, the Makuas, who are the same tribe in Pemba. The atmosphere was so different and we really got to know the people in that village. There was one little boy who really touched my heart. He saw us ankunhas, white people, pass by on the road and walked for miles until he found us. Palo is about 8-10 years old, psoriasis covered his body, one leg was shorter than the other, and his little belly was huge and filled with worms. We anointed his complete body with oil, prayed for him, bathed him, and gave him new clothes. We prayed and nothing happened. The Lord told me that love would heal Palo. I simply loved this boy, held, played and prayed for him. It was so precious. The next day in church I held him again and something was different. His belly was completely gone! God healed his stomach!! Praise the LORD! There was even evidence of a lot of extra skin because his belly has been so big for so long. I love Jesus and I love miracles.

It was love that healed my little boy. That's how Jesus healed. He loved everyone. God truly touched my heart. We have to meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. I believe this is the foundation of the ministry God will have me be apart of soon. It's His heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus.......I can't stop crying...the healing power of Your LOVE!!! This is the revelation You've been awakening in me over the last several years!!!

Before John G. Lake died in 1935(after seeing over a hundred thousand healings and deliverances by the power of God!), he had a vision of a future time of GREATER power. I believe the time he saw is starting NOW. And I mean, NOW!!! He said there would come a day when the love and sweetness and tenderness of God would be expressed through His people like never before and the LOVE would unleash POWER beyond our wildest imaginations!!!

IT'S HERE! IT'S NOW!!! Time to abandon yourself and jump into the ocean of His love...for the sake of the ones Jesus died for and Papa longs to embrace!

Bless you Emilie!!!

Gary

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I ran across this site and was very moved by your heart. I have an 18 year old daughter at Lee University. She has a heart for missions also. Where are you from?