23 December 2014

Move over Betty Crocker, Tupperwear is here!

Every woman knows that a few good knives, pots and pans, and a pair of kitchen scissors are some basic essentials to any woman's domain in the kitchen.  Leaving all this behind with my move from the U.S. to France, left me kind of unfunctional in the kitchen, but slowling the collection grew.  During our move from one house to another in France, I accidently left my Betty Crocker kitchen scissors behind.  I never knew how much I used my one euro kitchen scissors until I lost them. Although they were cheap and dull, they were functional for the little things around the kitchen like cutting plastic ties and Victoria's random paper and cardboard art projects.

The loss left me with using an unsturdy and incompatable knives which just could not own up to the task.  Then one day at a Tupperwear party I was offered the possibility of an arrayed assortment of gifts to choose from.  There it was, a 32 euro multifuctional, sharp, heavy duty, high quality Tupperwear kitchen scheres.  There were also some other things that were eye catching but I almost refused to get these high quality scissors.  The fight was on.  Well maybe in one month my husband will go back to the house and ask for the key from the neighbor to get back into the house to just maybe find my $1 kitchen scissors.  There was no emotional attachment to these cheap Betty Crockers but just the fact that I was stubborn and wanted them back.  I could fair a few maybe another frustrated month without kitchen scissors, but why when any woman's dream kitchen scissors are being offered to her?

The Lord loves exhange.  Sadness for joy, mourning for danicing, dirty rags for a spottless wedding dress, abondment for adoption, sin for freedom, and most of all eternal damnation for the precious blood of Jesus into heaven.  But isn't it silly how even we can hold on so tightly to even our old man, sinful characters, that our faithful Father so dearly desires to turn from bondage into freedom? The only way God can do this is through surrender.  There are so many blessings that the Lord desires to bestow upon us, if only we were to let go and let Him be Lord in that area.  This means losing ourselves, well the bad part, and infact our old nature that is still alive hanging around that was never submitted to the Cross.  There is nothing more glorious that God can do through man than when the Holy Spirit can truly possess a submitted clean man for His glory.  We are to walk like Jesus.  Jesus came as an example to our the Father can truly manifest His love through the weak vulnerable flesh of man.  The sweet exchange of us for Him.

Of course in the indecisive one minute of choosing between an aray of woman eye candy, I eventually reliquished my right to my cheap, and to what I now see as almost useless Betty Crocker kitchen scissors. Turns out I exhanged up to the best, go figure.  Now I can cut meat, flower stems, and hard plastic, and yes even a matted knot our of our golden's fur with a quick snip.  God has a way of speaking, even if it's through scissors.

No comments: