01 November 2008

The broken church... and my broken spirit.

What I have been experiencing since this past year, after Holy Given, has surmounted to last night. What was once familiar and what I would say belongs to me, is no longer apart of me anymore. I have put too much of my identity in the church, in man's eyes, my very being into what my church is about. Again, I find we missed it. We missed your heart about everything. What you have shown me I do not deserve but I will listen to your voice and follow you.

I have placed too much of my trust and confidence and identity in man and I see your saddened face for the church. Let me see Father, let me see. I feel so alone Jesus, so alone. But I know you will never leave me. There will be great times of being alone ahead so I must trust you and be faithful to what you now show me that although I am lost in the world, that I am truly found in you. Everything that I felt I had to offer to the body has fallen from it's high place and has been made dust among the rocks. My gifts, my position, my worship, my words now seem like icing on a bitter cake.

This entire process has been entirely too uncomfortable- the church's worldly culture, the offerings messages, concert atmospheres, tattoos and piercings. I return to you my Father. I return to you. In these revelations I chose to have my heart act and speak out of love. That I would love the church as she is, spotted, tired, deceived and hurt. For love covers a multitude of sins and I must be that physical manifestation of your presence.

God I feel I have been unfaithful over and over again in so many ways that I do not deserve all the forgiveness you extend to me. It's true, because I don't deserve it, but you, Lord Jesus, willingly laid down and offered your life so we could be together. Your blood and your sacrifice is something far beyond my comprehension and I desire deeper revelation of it in my spirit. Lord, your love and your compassion towards me is the only thing that keeps me alive.

3 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Dearest One,

Love "One by one, situation by situation." It is the quietness of one word spoken with the Love of God that hearts change.

As we rise up in His Love, things, situations and people change. Everything done, seen and not seen by man, done with Love as its base.

Love IS the most powerful Force in the universe. It ALWAYS accomplishes what it has set out to do, for eternity's sake...this may be seen physically or not, BUT it will ALWAYS impact eternity.

Rise up in the LOVE OF GOD. Be filled, be filled, be filled in the name of Jesus!! AMEN!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

this is exactly how i felt 'round the same time i posted/shared my note on FB! same Blood running through us for sure! didnt know i was in a comatose state til He tapped me on the shoulder. "youve watered down My power, My promises promises and have regarded My presence as a common thing...for what? all for what?" forgive us Lord. help us to REALLY walk in Your truth. ly. ~jo

Anonymous said...

Wow, God really has had our hearts on the same road for some time...